I was born in France and moved to the UK 25 years ago (I still have my ‘leettle’ accent).
I spent many years as an artist, then an editorial and commercial photographer in London while living happily on the border of Norfolk and Suffolk.
I was the official photographer for BAFTA for six amazing years while also being commissioned by national magazines and newspapers.
I now find myself enjoying being based more regionally, combining my love for East Anglia with my passion for photography.
I am a born story teller.
Every wedding is a journey and my 'raison d'être ' is to tell your story, naturally, as it unfolds.
I capture the big moments, of course, and the important little ones, too.
Couples who book me tend to be looking for a contemporary style and a photographer who is creative, flexible and inspirational .
It is my belief than a good photograph can’t just look right - It has to feel right. Whether it’s the essence of a person , the atmosphere of an event or the nature of a place, there will always be something unique about a subject that shines through. If you can capture that, then you can tell a story.
This is my approach, and this is my work .
Above all, I am a people person. And that is at the heart of what I do. I want to be part of your journey, feel and capture your joy and celebration, like it was my own. It’s this personal touch that I think makes me a bit different... and it will make you feel different too, allowing you to shine on your most memorable day.
I know you don’t just want hundreds pictures of yourselves. Who was at your wedding is just as important, capturing their characters, showing their enjoyment, giving a slice of the unforgettable atmosphere. So I always aim to get a wide range of photos from your day that encapsulate those little magic moments that will bring back memories like it just happened yesterday.
And I love being part of your party. I will chat to your guests, make friends and blend in so no-one feels like I’m the photographer. I want to be just 'Syl'. It’s how I get the best out of people.
I offer a range of packages for up to ten hours on your special day which include coverage of getting ready right through the party.
I also create albums which can be included in packages or ordered later.
Packages start at £850 +VAT . For a full price list with package details please get in touch.(I have an hourly option too for those weeny weddings and events ! Or we can work something bespoke out for you.)
Here's a typical example of what I can provide for your special day.This is my most popular package, which is £1,650 + VAT :
• A discussion one to one or on the phone/Facetime to plan your day in detail
• Up to ten hours coverage from me on your wedding day from getting ready right through the party.
• All image processing in my signature style.
• All of your images downloadable straight to your device from your own gallery on Shootproof website for the ultimate in simplicity.
•I have also teamed up with the UK's best print provider to offer the best quality prints and gifts which can be ordered via your gallery.
I will create an App to keep on your tablets and share the best moments of your wedding day and event.
• Up to 400+ high resolution images (so you can use as you like for prints, etc) on a USB key.
If you'd like to talk through your wedding plans please get in touch on
0044 7771 676 722
Nothing makes me more sad than when I hear that someone’s wedding photos never made it off the USB.
Even in the digital age the beauty of a professional-grade printed album can’t be underestimated. There is something immensely emotional about a tangible album of your special day, and it guarantees your precious photos are safe for years to come.
The images look stunning laid out together in one big book.
I highly recommend you invest in one to share, keep and treasure.
I charge £550 +VAT for a square, premium photo album which is 30 x 30 cm, containing a minimum of 90 pages on thick, 260 gsm paper, all enclosed in a Luxe soft padded cover with a velvety matte finish.
I don’t charge more for the photography itself but travel and modest accommodation is requested to be covered additionally (typically £400-£500 +VAT).
Do get in touch (I’ll be very excited to hear from you!) and we can go from there.
If you know anyone looking for a wedding photographer then do pass on my details. Referrals are, of course, massively appreciated!
This privacy notice provides you with details of how we collect and process your personal data through your use of our site www.confettitime.co.uk
By providing us with your data, you warrant to us that you are over 13 years of age.
Sylvaine Poitau Photography is the data controller and is responsible for your personal data (referred to as “we”, “us” or “our” in this privacy notice).
Our full details are:
Full name of legal entity: Sylvaine Poitau Photography trading as Confetti time Photography
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Postal address: Holly Farm The Heywood Diss IP22 5TD
Telephone number: 0044 7771 676 722
It is very important that the information we hold about you is accurate and up to date. Please let us know if at any time your personal information changes by emailing us at email@example.com
2. WHAT DATA DO WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU, FOR WHAT PURPOSE AND ON WHAT GROUND WE PROCESS IT
Personal data means any information capable of identifying an individual. It does not include anonymised data.
We may process the following categories of personal data about you:
· Communication Data that includes any communication that you send to us whether that be through the contact form on our website, through email, text, social media messaging, social media posting or any other communication that you send us. We process this data for the purposes of communicating with you, for record keeping and for the establishment, pursuance or defence of legal claims. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to reply to communications sent to us, to keep records and to establish, pursue or defend legal claims.
· Customer Data that includes data relating to any purchases of goods and/or services such as your name, title, billing address, delivery address email address, phone number, contact details, purchase details and your card details. We process this data to supply the goods and/or services you have purchased and to keep records of such transactions. Our lawful ground for this processing is the performance of a contract between you and us and/or taking steps at your request to enter into such a contract.
· User Data that includes data about how you use our website and any online services together with any data that you post for publication on our website or through other online services. We process this data to operate our website and ensure relevant content is provided to you, to ensure the security of our website, to maintain back- ups of our website and/or databases and to enable publication and administration of our website, other online services and business. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to enable us to properly administer our website and our business.
· Technical Data that includes data about your use of our website and online services such as your IP address, your login data, details about your browser, length of visit to pages on our website, page views and navigation paths, details about the number of times you use our website, time zone settings and other technology on the devices you use to access our website. The source of this data is from our Google analytics tracking system. We process this data to analyse your use of our website and other online services, to administer and protect our business and website, to deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you and to understand the effectiveness of our advertising. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to enable us to properly administer our website and our business and to grow our business and to decide our marketing strategy.
· Marketing Data that includes data about your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences. We process this data to enable you to partake in our promotions such as competitions, prize draws and free give-aways, to deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you and measure or understand the effectiveness of this advertising. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to study how customers use our products/services, to develop them, to grow our business and to decide our marketing strategy.
· We may use Customer Data, User Data, Technical Data and Marketing Data to deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you (including Facebook adverts or other display advertisements) and to measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising we serve you. Our lawful ground for this processing is legitimate interests which is to grow our business. We may also use such data to send other marketing communications to you. Our lawful ground for this processing is either consent or legitimate interests (namely to grow our business).
We do not collect any Sensitive Data about you. Sensitive data refers to data that includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data. We do not collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
Where we are required to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of the contract between us and you do not provide us with that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract (for example, to deliver goods or services to you). If you don’t provide us with the requested data, we may have to cancel a product or service you have ordered but if we do, we will notify you at the time.
We will only use your personal data for a purpose it was collected for or a reasonably compatible purpose if necessary. For more information on this please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In case we need to use your details for an unrelated new purpose we will let you know and explain the legal grounds for processing.
We may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent where this is required or permitted by law.
We do not carry out automated decision making or any type of automated profiling.
3. HOW WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may collect data about you by you providing the data directly to us (for example by filling in forms on our site or by sending us emails). We may automatically collect certain data from you as you use our website by using cookies and similar technologies.
We may receive data from third parties such as analytics providers such as Google based outside the EU, advertising networks such as Facebook based outside the EU, such as search information providers such as Google based outside the EU, providers of technical, payment and delivery services, such as data brokers or aggregators.
We may also receive data from publicly availably sources such as Companies House and the Electoral Register based inside the EU.
4. MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS
Our lawful ground of processing your personal data to send you marketing communications is either your consent or our legitimate interests (namely to grow our business).
Under the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations, we may send you marketing communications from us if (i) you made a purchase or asked for information from us about our goods or services or (ii) you agreed to receive marketing communications and in each case you have not opted out of receiving such communications since. Under these regulations, if you are a limited company, we may send you marketing emails without your consent. However you can still opt out of receiving marketing emails from us at any time.
We do not share your personal data with any third party for their own marketing purposes without your express consent.
You can ask us to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by selecting the “UNSUBSCRIBE” OPTION on all our emails OR by emailing us at email@example.com at any time.
If you opt out of receiving marketing communications this opt-out does not apply to personal data provided as a result of other transactions, such as purchases, warranty registrations etc.
5. DISCLOSURES OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may have to share your personal data with the parties set out below:
• Service providers who provide IT and system administration services.
• Professional advisers including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers
• Government bodies that require us to report processing activities.
• Companies that we use to purchase goods such as albums or prints from.
We require all third parties to whom we transfer your data to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We only allow such third parties to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
6. INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS
Some of our third parties service providers are based outside the European Economic Area (EEA) so their processing of your personal data will involve a transfer of data outside the EEA.
Whenever we transfer your personal data out of the EEA, we do our best to ensure a similar degree of security of data by ensuring at least one of the following safeguards is in place:
• We will only transfer your personal data to countries that the European Commission have approved as providing an adequate level of protection for personal data by; or
• Where we use certain service providers, we may use specific contracts or codes of conduct or certification mechanisms approved by the European Commission which give personal data the same protection it has in Europe; or
• If we use US-based providers that are part of EU-US Privacy Shield, we may transfer data to them, as they have equivalent safeguards in place.
If none of the above safeguards is available, we may request your explicit consent to the specific transfer. You will have the right to withdraw this consent at any time.
7. DATA SECURITY
We have put in place security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used, altered, disclosed, or accessed without authorisation. We also allow access to your personal data only to those employees and partners who have a business need to know such data. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they must keep it confidential.
We have procedures in place to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach if we are legally required to.
8. DATA RETENTION
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
When deciding what the correct time is to keep the data for we look at its amount, nature and sensitivity, potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure, the processing purposes, if these can be achieved by other means and legal requirements.
For tax purposes the law requires us to keep basic information about our customers (including Contact, Identity, Financial and Transaction Data) for six years after they stop being customers.
In some circumstances we may anonymise your personal data for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
9. YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
Under data protection laws you have rights in relation to your personal data that include the right to request access, correction, erasure, restriction, transfer, to object to processing, to portability of data and (where the lawful ground of processing is consent) to withdraw consent.
You can see more about these rights at:
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive or refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you.
If you are not happy with any aspect of how we collect and use your data, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We should be grateful if you would contact us first if you do have a complaint so that we can try to resolve it for you.
10. THIRD-PARTY LINKS
This website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.